- E-bike tours
- Bike Tours
A cycling trip along the French Atlantic Coast riding on the Vélodyssée bike route from Bordeaux to Biarritz, through vineyards and pine forests.Continue reading...
- Travel/Medical Insurance 24/24
- Overnight stay and breakfast
- Luggage transfer
- Local telephone assistance 7/7
- Detailed description and maps of the itinerary
- The Arcachon bay crossing by boat
- GPS Tracks
- Transfers not listed as "Included"
- City tax
- Journey to/from the starting point of the tour
- Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"
- Bike rental
- Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"
- Welcome briefing
Why go on this trip on the Vélodyssée cycle route?
- To cycle this section of the Vélodyssée bike route, and its beautiful cycle paths running along the Garonne estuary and through the vineyards of the Bordeaux region up to the Arcachon Basin
- To start your journey in magnificent Bordeaux, capital of French wine, boasting the largest Unesco Heritage Site, which includes half of the city
- To take advantage of the lively seaside resorts on the French Atlantic Coast, making stops at the wild ocean beaches, famous among surfers
- To immerse yourself in nature riding from the city to the sea, through immense pine forests and beautiful cycle paths of the seaside resort Lacanau-Ocean
- To taste directly by the ocean the famous Arcachon Bay oysters, among the most appreciated in France, farmed here for centuries
- To climb up the Dune du Pilat, the highest sand dune in Europe and enjoy the amazing view: a vast expanse of sand bordering the ocean on one side and a huge pine forest on the other
- To pass from the blue of the ocean to the one of some of the most beautiful lakes in France, such as Lake Cazaux et Sanguinet, part of a protected natural area since the 1960s
- To let yourself be seduced by Mimizan, a beach resort already famous during La Belle Époque, which has become a bicycle paradise thanks to its over 40 km of cycle paths running through the pine forest
- To discover all the wonders of the Basque Country, from historical heritage to succulent gastronomy and wild unspoiled nature
- To explore France by bike cycling along the Atlantic Coast and discovering enchanting places immersed in nature
Are you ready to leave for your next vacation?
Personalize your vacation or just ask us any question.
Can I bring my own bike?
Of course! You can enjoy each tour on your own bike or you can rent one. However, we do recommend renting a bike, because not all bikes have the same parts, so we can only guarantee the best mechanical assistance when you hire directly from us.
What kind of assistance will I have during the trip?
You will always have an emergency phone number you can call. On self-guided trips, you will need to be able to make your own minor repairs, such as replacing an inner tube in the event of a puncture, or fixing a slipped chain, but you can always count on assistance on site for more serious damage.
How can I know if a tour matches my level of ability?
We rank our tours on a scale of 1 to 5, based on the length, elevation changes and complexity of the itinerary, but if you have any doubts then please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you find the trip that is right for you.
How do I book a tour?
To book a tour, simply click on “quote”, fill in all the fields, and pay the deposit. We will check the tour’s availability with our partners and provide confirmation within a few hours.
Why should I book through Cyclando?
Because we guarantee you the lowest price, and in the event that your tour is not available or confirmed, you can always request a refund of your deposit or choose another trip from among the over 800 vacations we offer on our platform.
Should I purchase travel insurance?
We offer free medical and baggage insurance for all Italian citizens on all our tours. We also recommend that you take out a cancellation policy; please click on this link for more information.
Can I find out which hotels I’ll be staying at in advance?
We take choosing hospitality facilities very seriously, and to offer you as much flexibility as possible when booking, we often have a large number of hotels to choose from. For this reason we cannot provide an exact list of hotels before booking.
What is included in the tour price?
On each trip, you can click on “Dates and Prices” to see what is included, and what is not. Of course, you can always write to us or call us to find out more information or to request clarification.
How do I arrive at/return to the starting point?
Round-trip travel to and from your home and the trip’s starting point is not included, but we can always help you find the best available solution.