Salzburg to Vienna cycling holiday
Enjoy an extraordinary cycling holiday in Austria: reach Vienna cycling from Salzburg, among beautiful lakes, expanses of vineyards and medieval villages.
Read more ...
What it includes
|Travel/Medical Insurance 24/24|
|Overnight stay and breakfast|
|Local telephone assistance 7/7|
|Detailed description and maps of the itinerary|
|Transfer by train Lambach–Linz (incl. bike)|
|Transfer by train Tulln-Vienna (incl. bike)|
|Return transfer by train Vienna-Salzburg (bike not incl.)|
|Boat trip on Lake Traunsee (bike incl.)|
|1 bottle of Wachau wine per room|
|Transfers not listed as "Included"|
|Journey to/from the starting point of the tour|
|Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"|
|Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"|
Why leave for a bike holiday in Austria cycling from Salzburg to Vienna?
- To reach one of the most beautiful European capitals: Vienna cycling from Salzburg, the city of Mozart
- To enjoy a stroll through Little Venice, a Mediterranean-style area at the southern end of Lake Attersee, so dear to the painter Gustav Klimt, who created his most important landscapes here
- To enjoy a shipping cruise on Lake Traunsee, in the region of Salzkammergut, surrounded by very diverse landscapes ranging from Alpine mountains to smooth glacial hills
- To taste the delicious Linzer Torte, believed to be the oldest cake in the world, made of a short crumbly pastry with hazelnuts and cinnamon, filled with redcurrant jam and decorated by a lattice design
- To cycle along the world-famous Danube cycle path among little towns, ancient castles and Celtic villages
- To immerse yourself in the cultural landscape of the Wachau Valley, World Heritage Site, offering the visitor a perfectly preserved medieval scenery, made of little towns, expanses of vineyards, castles and ancient Abbeys
- To finally reach Vienna, Austria's capital of aristocratic flair, boasting with majestic palaces, art galleries, concert halls, expansive parks along the Danube and of course the traditional coffeehouses.
- To travel Austria by bike and discover the rich natural and cultural heritage of one of the most bike friendly countries in Europe