- Bike Tours
- E-bike tours
A bike tour from Salzburg in Austria to Grado in Italy along the beautiful alpine and maritime landscapes of the Alpe Adria Radweg.Continue reading...
- Travel/Medical Insurance 24/24
- Overnight stay and breakfast
- GPS Tracks
- Luggage transfer
- Local telephone assistance 7/7
- Welcome briefing
- Detailed description and maps of the itinerary
- 1 train ride Böckstein – Mallnitz (bikes included)
- 1 train ride Villach – Tarvis (bikes included)
- Transfers not listed as "Included"
- City tax
- Journey to/from the starting point of the tour
- Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"
- Bike rental
- Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"
- From 28 days before departure date 0%
- From 27 days before departure date 30%
- From 13 days before departure date 50%
- From 7 days before departure date 70%
- From 3 days before departure date 90%
Why leave for this bike trip on the Alpe Adria Cycle Path?
- To start from the majestic Austrian Alps and reach the Adriatic Sea in Italy on the fascinating Alpe Adria Radweg
- To take a stroll around the elegant city of Salzburg: the hometown of Mozart
- To cross the enchanting Gasteiner Valley and marvel at the waterfall of Bad Gastein, which is also a spa- and ski resort
- To visit the Renaissance-palace Porcia, built in the 16th century in the style of the Italian palaces
- To taste genuine Austrian specialities in one of the inviting and picturesque cities on your way
- To finish your journey in the historic fishing town Grado, that is a famous seaside resort for its vast sandy beach
- To enjoy an exciting active holiday discovering the beautiful landscapes of Italy and Austria by bike
Are you ready to leave for your next vacation?
Personalize your vacation or just ask us any question.
Can I bring my own bike?
Of course! You can enjoy each tour on your own bike or you can rent one. However, we do recommend renting a bike, because not all bikes have the same parts, so we can only guarantee the best mechanical assistance when you hire directly from us.
What kind of assistance will I have during the trip?
You will always have an emergency phone number you can call. On self-guided trips, you will need to be able to make your own minor repairs, such as replacing an inner tube in the event of a puncture, or fixing a slipped chain, but you can always count on assistance on site for more serious damage.
How can I know if a tour matches my level of ability?
We rank our tours on a scale of 1 to 5, based on the length, elevation changes and complexity of the itinerary, but if you have any doubts then please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you find the trip that is right for you.
How do I book a tour?
To book a tour, simply click on “quote”, fill in all the fields, and pay the deposit. We will check the tour’s availability with our partners and provide confirmation within a few hours.
Why should I book through Cyclando?
Because we guarantee you the lowest price, and in the event that your tour is not available or confirmed, you can always request a refund of your deposit or choose another trip from among the over 800 vacations we offer on our platform.
Should I purchase travel insurance?
We offer free medical and baggage insurance for all Italian citizens on all our tours. We also recommend that you take out a cancellation policy; please click on this link for more information.
Can I find out which hotels I’ll be staying at in advance?
We take choosing hospitality facilities very seriously, and to offer you as much flexibility as possible when booking, we often have a large number of hotels to choose from. For this reason we cannot provide an exact list of hotels before booking.
What is included in the tour price?
On each trip, you can click on “Dates and Prices” to see what is included, and what is not. Of course, you can always write to us or call us to find out more information or to request clarification.
How do I arrive at/return to the starting point?
Round-trip travel to and from your home and the trip’s starting point is not included, but we can always help you find the best available solution.