Tuscany bike tour: Cycling from Pisa to Florence
This Tuscany bike tour will take you from Pisa to Florence via Lucca, Fucecchio wetlands and Vinci, birthplace of the great Leonardo.
Read more ...
What it includes
|Travel/Medical Insurance 24/24|
|Overnight stay and breakfast|
|Local telephone assistance 7/7|
|Detailed description and maps of the itinerary|
|Private transfer from Vinci to Empoli Train Station on Day 6|
|Transfers not listed as "Included"|
|Journey to/from the starting point of the tour|
|Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"|
|Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"|
Why leave for this bike tour in Tuscany?
- To start your Tuscany bike tour at the feet of the most famous tower in the world, soak up in the beauty of Piazza dei Miracoli and in the vibrant atmosphere of Pisa city centre, animated by thousands of University students
- To visit the Certosa di Calci, an ancient monastery hosting one of the world's leading scientific museums: the Natural History Museum of the University of Pisa
- To reach Lucca cycling on a relaxing cycle path along Serchio river and then have a ride on top of its Renaissance city walls converted into a park that encircles the city centre as a green belt
- To discover beautiful Renaissance Villas in the Tuscan countryside
- To cycle through the Fucecchio Marshes Nature Reserve, the most extensive internal humid area in Italy, home to an ancient flora and 200 different species of birds
- To spend a day in company of the genius Leonard da Vinci exploring his hometown and immersing yourself into his fascinating universe
- To end your trip in Florence, fall in love with its world-class art and gourmet Tuscan cuisine