- Bike Tours
- E-bike tours
Enjoy an extraordinary cycling holiday in Austria: reach Vienna cycling from Salzburg, among beautiful lakes, expanses of vineyards and medieval villages.Continue reading...
- Travel\/Medical Insurance 24/24
- Overnight stay and breakfast
- GPS Tracks
- Luggage transfer
- Local telephone assistance 7/7
- Detailed description and maps of the itinerary
- Transfer by train Lambach–Linz (incl. bike)
- Transfer by train Tulln-Vienna (incl. bike)
- Return transfer by train Vienna-Salzburg (bike not incl.)
- Boat trip on Lake Traunsee (bike incl.)
- 1 bottle of Wachau wine per room
- Transfers not listed as "Included"
- City tax
- Journey to\/from the starting point of the tour
- Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"
- Bike rental
- Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"
- Welcome briefing
Why leave for a bike holiday in Austria cycling from Salzburg to Vienna?
- To reach one of the most beautiful European capitals: Vienna cycling from Salzburg, the city of Mozart
- To enjoy a stroll through Little Venice, a Mediterranean-style area at the southern end of Lake Attersee, so dear to the painter Gustav Klimt, who created his most important landscapes here
- To enjoy a shipping cruise on Lake Traunsee, in the region of Salzkammergut, surrounded by very diverse landscapes ranging from Alpine mountains to smooth glacial hills
- To taste the delicious Linzer Torte, believed to be the oldest cake in the world, made of a short crumbly pastry with hazelnuts and cinnamon, filled with redcurrant jam and decorated by a lattice design
- To cycle along the world-famous Danube cycle path among little towns, ancient castles and Celtic villages
- To immerse yourself in the cultural landscape of the Wachau Valley, World Heritage Site, offering the visitor a perfectly preserved medieval scenery, made of little towns, expanses of vineyards, castles and ancient Abbeys
- To finally reach Vienna, Austria’s capital of aristocratic flair, boasting with majestic palaces, art galleries, concert halls, expansive parks along the Danube and of course the traditional coffeehouses.
- To travel Austria by bike and discover the rich natural and cultural heritage of one of the most bike friendly countries in Europe
Are you ready to leave for your next vacation?
Personalize your vacation or just ask us any question.
Can I bring my own bike?
Of course! You can enjoy each tour on your own bike or you can rent one. However, we do recommend renting a bike, because not all bikes have the same parts, so we can only guarantee the best mechanical assistance when you hire directly from us.
What kind of assistance will I have during the trip?
You will always have an emergency phone number you can call. On self-guided trips, you will need to be able to make your own minor repairs, such as replacing an inner tube in the event of a puncture, or fixing a slipped chain, but you can always count on assistance on site for more serious damage.
How can I know if a tour matches my level of ability?
We rank our tours on a scale of 1 to 5, based on the length, elevation changes and complexity of the itinerary, but if you have any doubts then please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you find the trip that is right for you.
How do I book a tour?
To book a tour, simply click on “quote”, fill in all the fields, and pay the deposit. We will check the tour’s availability with our partners and provide confirmation within a few hours.
Why should I book through Cyclando?
Because we guarantee you the lowest price, and in the event that your tour is not available or confirmed, you can always request a refund of your deposit or choose another trip from among the over 800 vacations we offer on our platform.
Should I purchase travel insurance?
We offer free medical and baggage insurance for all Italian citizens on all our tours. We also recommend that you take out a cancellation policy; please click on this link for more information.
Can I find out which hotels I’ll be staying at in advance?
We take choosing hospitality facilities very seriously, and to offer you as much flexibility as possible when booking, we often have a large number of hotels to choose from. For this reason we cannot provide an exact list of hotels before booking.
What is included in the tour price?
On each trip, you can click on “Dates and Prices” to see what is included, and what is not. Of course, you can always write to us or call us to find out more information or to request clarification.
How do I arrive at/return to the starting point?
Round-trip travel to and from your home and the trip’s starting point is not included, but we can always help you find the best available solution.