Via Rhona from Geneva to Lyon
An immersive itinerary connecting two cultural European capitals following the Via Rhona cycle route, a slow journey among hidden jewels along Rhone river.
Read more ...
What it includes
|Travel/Medical Insurance 24/24|
|Overnight stay and breakfast|
|Local telephone assistance 7/7|
|Detailed description and maps of the itinerary|
|2 dinners (drinks not included)|
|Transfers not listed as "Included"|
|Journey to/from the starting point of the tour|
|Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"|
|Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"|
Why leave for this trip on the Via Rhona cycle route?
- To travel the first section of Via Rhona, one of the most varied European cycle routes connecting Switzerland to the Mediterranean, and cycle from the shores of Lake Geneva to Lyon, the capital of French gastronomy, overflowing with historical monuments and artistic events
- To discover the innumerable cultural gems of the city of Geneva, relax on lake shores and taste the delicious Swiss chocolate
- To savor the calm that reigns in the flowery village of Chanaz, nicknamed the Little Venice of Savoy, overlooking the most beautiful canal in France and packed with gastronomic and cultural treasures
- To travel back in time to the Middle Ages, while exploring the fortified village of Pérouges, one of the most beautiful villages in France, take a stroll among handcraft workshops and taste the sweet Galette de Pérouges
- To end your journey celebrating in a typical Bouchon Lyonnais, where tradition is king and the flavors are those of the great French gastronomy
- To indulge in a slow holiday following the course of river Rhone, discovering Switzerland and France by bike, cycling among ancient villages, bucolic landscapes and delights of local gastronomy