An easy cycling holiday in Italy discovering the hidden treasures of Tuscany between Lucca and Pisa, two cities of art united by nature.Continue reading...
- Travel\/Medical Insurance 24/24
- Overnight stay and breakfast
- GPS Tracks
- Welcome briefing
- Detailed description and maps of the itinerary
- Luggage transfer
- Local telephone assistance 7/7
- Transfers not listed as "Included"
- City tax
- Journey to\/from the starting point of the tour
- Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"
- Bike rental
- Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"
Why leaving for this Tuscany bike tour?
- To discover Tuscany by bike, cycling between the two cities of Lucca and Pisa and riding around and across Monte Pisano
- To move through the colors, sounds, smells of the many species of plants from over the world hosted in the Botanical Garden of Lucca, the most precious garden in town
- To cycle through the countryside among the historical Villas of Lucca, such as the Royal Villa of Marlia, one of the most important Italian historic houses, surrounded by a surprising multiplicity of refined gardens
- To visit the Certosa di Calci, on the slopes of Monte Pisano, a wonderful baroque monument housing the rich Museum of Natural History of the University of Pisa
- To reach the most famous tower in the world and plunge in the immense beauty of Piazza dei Miracoli, World Heritage Site and important religious center since Etruscan times
- To totally immerse yourself in nature cycling through San Rossore estate with its pine forests, marshy areas and the fallow deer grazing or running alongside
- To relax on the nice Puccini cycle path and discover the places where the Maestro lived, from the woods of Serchio Valley to the Lake of Massaciuccoli
- To embrace the entire historic center, up to the most hidden corners of Lucca, riding on its 16th century walls, now transformed into a park and a unique pedestrian-cycle itinerary
- To stop for a tasting of the excellent Tuscan wines
Are you ready to leave for your next vacation?
Personalize your vacation or just ask us any question.
Can I bring my own bike?
Of course! You can enjoy each tour on your own bike or you can rent one. However, we do recommend renting a bike, because not all bikes have the same parts, so we can only guarantee the best mechanical assistance when you hire directly from us.
What kind of assistance will I have during the trip?
You will always have an emergency phone number you can call. On self-guided trips, you will need to be able to make your own minor repairs, such as replacing an inner tube in the event of a puncture, or fixing a slipped chain, but you can always count on assistance on site for more serious damage.
How can I know if a tour matches my level of ability?
We rank our tours on a scale of 1 to 5, based on the length, elevation changes and complexity of the itinerary, but if you have any doubts then please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you find the trip that is right for you.
How do I book a tour?
To book a tour, simply click on “quote”, fill in all the fields, and pay the deposit. We will check the tour’s availability with our partners and provide confirmation within a few hours.
Why should I book through Cyclando?
Because we guarantee you the lowest price, and in the event that your tour is not available or confirmed, you can always request a refund of your deposit or choose another trip from among the over 800 vacations we offer on our platform.
Should I purchase travel insurance?
We offer free medical and baggage insurance for all Italian citizens on all our tours. We also recommend that you take out a cancellation policy; please click on this link for more information.
Can I find out which hotels I’ll be staying at in advance?
We take choosing hospitality facilities very seriously, and to offer you as much flexibility as possible when booking, we often have a large number of hotels to choose from. For this reason we cannot provide an exact list of hotels before booking.
What is included in the tour price?
On each trip, you can click on “Dates and Prices” to see what is included, and what is not. Of course, you can always write to us or call us to find out more information or to request clarification.
How do I arrive at/return to the starting point?
Round-trip travel to and from your home and the trip’s starting point is not included, but we can always help you find the best available solution.