The Vélodyssée bike route from Bordeaux to Biarritz
A cycling trip along the French Atlantic Coast riding on the Vélodyssée bike route from Bordeaux to Biarritz, through vineyards and pine forests.
Read more ...
What it includes
|Travel/Medical Insurance 24/24|
|Overnight stay and breakfast|
|Local telephone assistance 7/7|
|Detailed description and maps of the itinerary|
|The Arcachon bay crossing by boat|
|Transfers not listed as "Included"|
|Journey to/from the starting point of the tour|
|Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"|
|Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"|
Why go on this trip on the Vélodyssée cycle route?
- To cycle this section of the Vélodyssée bike route, and its beautiful cycle paths running along the Garonne estuary and through the vineyards of the Bordeaux region up to the Arcachon Basin
- To start your journey in magnificent Bordeaux, capital of French wine, boasting the largest Unesco Heritage Site, which includes half of the city
- To take advantage of the lively seaside resorts on the French Atlantic Coast, making stops at the wild ocean beaches, famous among surfers
- To immerse yourself in nature riding from the city to the sea, through immense pine forests and beautiful cycle paths of the seaside resort Lacanau-Ocean
- To taste directly by the ocean the famous Arcachon Bay oysters, among the most appreciated in France, farmed here for centuries
- To climb up the Dune du Pilat, the highest sand dune in Europe and enjoy the amazing view: a vast expanse of sand bordering the ocean on one side and a huge pine forest on the other
- To pass from the blue of the ocean to the one of some of the most beautiful lakes in France, such as Lake Cazaux et Sanguinet, part of a protected natural area since the 1960s
- To let yourself be seduced by Mimizan, a beach resort already famous during La Belle Époque, which has become a bicycle paradise thanks to its over 40 km of cycle paths running through the pine forest
- To discover all the wonders of the Basque Country, from historical heritage to succulent gastronomy and wild unspoiled nature
- To explore France by bike cycling along the Atlantic Coast and discovering enchanting places immersed in nature