The Danube Cycle Path and Bavaria
Enjoy a relaxing cycling holiday along the Bavarian stretch of the Danube Cycle Path, discover charming historic cities and natural wonders.
Read more ...
What it includes
|Travel/Medical Insurance 24/24|
|Overnight stay and breakfast|
|Local telephone assistance 7/7|
|Entrance to Audi Museum of Ingolstadt|
|Boat ticket from Weltenburg to Kelheim (bike included)|
|Transfers not listed as "Included"|
|Journey to/from the starting point of the tour|
|Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"|
|Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"|
|Detailed description and maps of the itinerary|
Why leave for this bike tour in Germany on the Danube Cycle Path?
- To discover the free state of Bavaria by bike, cycling on the Danube cycle path, one of the longest and most famous cycle routes in Europe
- To start your journey from the city of Donauwörth, located on the Romantic Road, and stroll along the Reichstraße, one of the most beautiful streets in Southern Germany
- To live a surprising variety of experiences in one single day, such as cycling at the foot of one of the most fascinating mountain ranges of Germany, reach the magnificent castle of Neuburg, rising on the Danube banks and visit the famous Audi car Museum
- To enjoy an exciting boat tour at the Danube Gorge, crossing the river from the Weltemburg Abbey, the oldest in Bavaria, up to the Bavarian city of Kalheim
- To stroll through the charming streets and historic squares of Regensburg's city center, one of the oldest Bavarian cities and Unesco World Heritage site
- To visit the Walhalla, imposing temple built by Ludwig I when he was still a crown prince, on the model of the Athen's Parthenon and one of the most important neoclassical monuments in Germany
- To make a stop in the charming city of Deggendorf, gateway to the Bavarian Forest, the first German National Park, where wild nature reigns supreme
- To cycle along the last stretch of the German Danube, famous for its typical Bavarian landscapes dotted with churches, ancient monasteries and Baroque villages
- To end your journey in the unique city of Passau, located at the confluence of three rivers and stroll through the streets of its picturesque old town