Cycling Normandy: all the D-Day landing beaches
Enjoy a unique experience cycling Normandy and travelling through history, explore the D-Day landing beaches all the way to the the Caen Memorial.
Read more ...
What it includes
|Travel/Medical Insurance 24/24|
|Overnight stay and breakfast|
|Local telephone assistance 7/7|
|Detailed description and maps of the itinerary|
|Transfers not listed as "Included"|
|Journey to/from the starting point of the tour|
|Meals and drinks not listed as "Included"|
|Entrance fees, ferries and anything not listed as "Included"|
Why go on this bike tour in Normandy?
- To relive the D-Day cycling Normandy from one landing beach to another, immersing yourself in the same hypnotic atmospheres of the film Dunkirk, Christopher Nolan's 2017 masterpiece
- To cycle on one of the beautiful French Voies Vertes through the wetlands of the Cotentin Marshes Regional Park
- To reach the village of Sainte-Mère Eglise, on which American paratroopers literally rained between the 5th and 6th of June 1944 and John Steele went down in history for being entangled in the church tower, an episode made famous by the film The longest day, with Robert Mitchum
- To visit the Landing Museum, located directly on the Utah Beach inside a former German bunker
- To taste the famous toffee of Isigny-sur-mer, small village known for the production of butter and cream, fundamental ingredients of these delicious candies, produced here since the 16th century
- To look out over the waters of the Channel from the cliffs of La Pointe du Hoc, from which 225 Canadian rangers, parachuted here by mistake on the D-Day, had to descend for 30 meters in order to reach the Juno Beach
- To indulge in the deep sense of peace and serenity pervading the the American cemetery of Colleville-sur-mer, which dominates Omaha Beach from above
- To immerse yourself in the Norman Bocage, cycling among the typical landscapes made of groves, cultivated fields, grazing animals and an incredible variety of colours
- To discover the city of Caen, that you will reach by cycling on the Orne canal cycle path and visit the Mémorial, unmissable multimedia museum capable of offering a unique insight into the history of the XX century during the Second World War
- To enjoy a magnificent itinerary that will make you discover France by bike cycling along the Liberty Road from the D-Day landing beaches to the Mémorial of Caen, symbol of peace